Combing operation launched in Quetta QUETTA: Security forces launched a combing operation in Quetta on Wednesday against banned organisations suspected of involvement in terrorist attacks.
According to official sources, the operation was carried out in different areas of the provincial capital on the directives of the Chief of Army Staff Gen Raheel Sharif.
The sources said security forces moved into the areas regarded as strongholds of the banned outfits. Around 500 personnel of the Frontier Corps, over 250 police personnel and officials of intelligence agencies took part in the crackdown.
“A combing operation has been launched against terrorists and anti-Pakistan elements in suspected areas,” a government official said.
The decision to conduct an operation against terror suspects was taken after the suicide attack on lawyers in Quetta on Monday.
Police officials earlier said that around 20 people had been detained during raids being carried out to apprehend those involved in the attack. Sources said that police, with the help of other investigating agencies, had collected evidence from the scene of the explosion.