No lashkar allowed in Balochistan says CM

No lashkar allowed in Balochistan says CM

No lashkar allowed in Balochistan says CM  QUETTA: Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri has said that his government will not allow anti-peace elements to run “armed lashkars” in the province and stern action will be taken against them.

Addressing the provincial assembly on Tuesday, he said: “In past, terrorists were at large and innocent people were being killed in acts of terrorism on a large scale, but now the situation has changed and peace has been restored.”

He said the China-Pak Economic Corridor project was being implemented in the province and his government was making efforts to ensure peace.

He said armed groups on the pretext of “lashkars” were committing crimes in Khuzdar and Kalat five years back and people were forced to shut their shops before 5pm. But now the war against terrorists was bearing fruit traffic was plying on highways without any fear.

“If anyone thinks he can stop implementation of the CPEC by killing security forces personnel and innocent people, then I make it clear on him that such nefarious designs will be foiled,” he said.

The chief minister said peace had been restored in Khuzdar, Dera Bugti and Kohlu.

Deputy Opposition Leader Zamarak Piralizai said a lot still needed to be done to improve law and order in the province.

Source: http://www.dawn.com/news/1275020/no-lashkar-allowed-in-balochistan-says-cm

Leave a Comment